- This event has passed.
Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Tourism and Economic Development
September 17, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm UTC+1
Join decision makers from diverse sectors of the economy and the diaspora to interact with tourism stakeholders and the creative industry in initiating collaborative efforts towards the development and growth of tourism and entertainment in Nigeria, and Africa.
Session 05: September 17, 2020 @15:00 GMT+1.
How do we regain the confidence of Tourists? What can Nigeria learn from Dubai Tourism and South African Tourism?
The Land of Origins as Africa’s investment hub. Harnessing Cultural Assets for Tourism Development. Lessons from the experiences of Tour Operators in Nigeria and South Africa?
Nuggets for tapping into opportunities in Osun state.
Some of our speakers and Panelists include:
- Hon. Adebisi Obawale Simeon, Osun State Commissioner for Culture & Tourism – Positioning Osun State For Tourism
- Yib Koko, DG/CEO Rivers State Tourism Development Agency – Harnessing Cultural Assets of Rivers State for Tourism Development
- His Excellency Azanaw Tadesse Abreha, The Ethiopian Ambassador To Nigeria, Ambassador Plenipotentiary & Extraordinary – Investment Opportunities & Travel In Ethiopia
- EFEO Awhana, Founder, Nigeria Travel Week – The Role of Tour Operators In Nigeria Tourism Drive
- Mr. Didier Bay eye, Marketing Manager Africa & India Ocean at Sun International South Africa – Building Confidence for Tourists
- Thekiso Rakolojane, Regional Head: West Africa South African Tourism – The Packaging Effect: South African Tourism
- Stella Fubara-Obinwa, Director of International Operations With The Dubai Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing – The “Packaging Effect”: Dubai’s Tourism Perception
- Sonto Mnonambi, Managing Director Nano Travel & Tours – Tour Operations in South Africa: My Experience
- Princess Ime Udo, Managing Director, CEO Headway Tours & Travel Ltd – Tour Operations in Nigeria: My Experience
Session 04: August 19, 2020 @15:00 GMT+1.
Anticipate information on how Tourism Stakeholders can access 50 billion from Sterling Bank, valuable information on Sustainable tourism and Adventure tourism, the need to engage diaspora Africans in actionable conversations for the development of Africa.
Some of our speakers and Panelists include:
- Ambassador Francisco Carlos Soares Luz – Consul General of Brazil
- Otunba Olawanle Akinboboye – Founder, La Campagne Tropical Beach Resort Ltd
- Mrs. Omotayo Omotosho – Former Director General of Nigeria, Tourism Development Corporation
- Alexandre Garrido – Internationally acclaimed expert in Sustainable and Adventure tourism
- Cynthia Nwuka – Group Head, Creative Industry at Bank of Industry
…among and captains of the Tourism industry.
Session 03: August 06, 2020 @15:00 GMT+1.
The Speakers and Panelists include:
Key Note address – By His Imperial Majesty, the Ooni of Ife
- Arole ‘Oduduwa Olofin Adimula, Oonirisa Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, The Ooni of Ife – The Role of Culture in Tourism Development
- Chukwuemeka Rollas Ejezie, President Actors Guild of Nigeria – Impact of Nollywood on Destination Nigeria
- Diana Ladislaus, Tanzania Investment Centre – Investment Opportunities and Incentives
- Fidelix Duker, Former President Directors Guild of Nigeria – Strategic Collaboration with Nollywood for a viable Domestic Tourism
Session 02: July 30, 2020 @15:00 GMT+1.
Speakers and Panelists include:
- Dr. R. Toby Bailey, CEO at Borg Investment Bank, USA – www.borgglobal.com
- Robert Alexander, CEO at 360Wise Media, USA – www.360WiseMedia.com
- Toki Mabogunje, President Lagos Chamber of Commerce – www.lagoschamber.com
- Sir Joe Madu, President USAfrica Chamber of Commerce – www.usafricacoc.com
- Brian e Ebden, Brand & Strategy Consultant – brianeebden.wixsite.com/brianeebden
- Charles Udoh, Hon. Commissioner for Information & Strategy, Akwa Ibom State – akwaibomstate.gov.ng
Session 01: July 22, 2020 @15:00 GMT+1.
Topics, Speakers and Panelists include:
- Collaboration for Tourism Development and Economic Growth: Mr Shina Atilola – Head of Retail Banking, Sterling Bank.
- Corporate Partnership to Boost Tourism in Nigeria: Adekunle Adebiyi – Chief Sales & Distribution Officer, MTN Nigeria.
- Investment Opportunities in Air Transport, Tourism & Hospitality: Alexander Nwuba – President, Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, Nigeria.
- Enabling Environment for Investment in Domestic Tourism: Alhaji Saleh Rabo – President, FTAN
- Diaspora Collaboration for Tourism and Economic Development: H.E Dr. (HC) Arc Raphael Eluemuno Ajalie – Co-Founder, Reocomm Group/Foundation
It promises to be another insightful economic session with actionable results, and we can’t wait to see you!
AMB. Isaac Moses, Co-Founder – Goge Africa.
AMB. Nneka Isaac-Moses, Co-Founder – Goge Africa.
#TourismRecoveryProcess #DomesticTourism #TourismNigeria
Goge Africa … dedicated to Africa’s development.